Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beach bum

I have a confession to make. There is something I have wanted for quite a while and today I bought it just because. I didn't need it... but I love it! 
I am the proud owner of a big floppy beach hat like Dorris Day or Aubrey Hepburn would have worn with big sunglasses. I plan to wear it while I sit by my pool this summer reading a good book drinking a smoothie.
I tried it out today at the lake and I fear it has already become a part of me :)


I had a great time swinging in my hammock listening to Jack Johnson in the perfect weather we have been having lately.




Then we hit the water for the first time this season. It felt sooo good to be out there in the middle of the lake with the sun shining bright and a nice warm breeze... By the way, how cool is it that in March I can be out kayaking on the lake with my brothers and it isn't freezing cold!? I love Texas!


S'mores made a great end to the day's adventures. I have become a professional at melting the chocolate on the graham in preparation for the marshmallow. 

All in all it was just a great day. New hat, lake, hammock, and s'mores. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment