Saturday, March 12, 2011

The bare necessities of life

My life officially got crazy when I started working 2 weeks ago. 

I hadn't found an apartment, but I thought I would be okay for a while commuting to Ft. Worth from my parent's house. However, after showing up a half hour late on my first day despite the fact that I left before 6am and didn't have to be there until 8am I started to consider finding my own place a much more serious matter. 
All I did that first week was drive back and forth between home and work and try not to develop a possibly fatal case of road rage. 

So Friday after work I signed a lease and Saturday I moved my few things in to my brand new beautiful apartment. Seriously it is awesome. 9 ft ceilings, crown molding, brand new carpet, brand new sinks and countertops... AWESOME.

My kitchen looks great! I already had a lot of good stuff and I recently bought the dishes I wanted and a bright red KitchenAid! 

The rest of my apartment though is sadly lacking... 

I have a coffee table and an air mattress.
That is all.

Seriously though, I don't have a TV which would be fine because I do have a computer, but I don't have internet set up yet... and as of right now I live all alone. I GET SO BORED. 

But I am very happy, and I love my job! And soon enough that will result in my getting paid and then I can start finding things (hopefully furniture) to fill my empty apartment with :) Until then I am making memories. I get to tell my kids one day about how I had to eat dinner sitting on a pillow on the floor at the coffee table, and I am sure they will be amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment