Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If weekends were forever...

Raise your hand if you loved conference!
You can't see it, but my hand is WAY up in the air.
This weekend was absolutely perfect. Not only were the messages given in General Conference exactly what I needed to hear, as always, but the rest of the weekend fell so happily in to place that I can't think of a single thing I didn't love.
Saturday morning I got to sleep in all the way to 8:00am, which NEVER happens! It was a beautiful morning and my brother and I went for a run together (one of our favorite activities) and danced around the apartment to Earth, Wind, and Fire (another one of our favorite activities) all before making waffles and settling down for Conference. After the first session we met up with family to watch Boise State kick Nevada's trash for 2 quarters, watched the second session of Conference, and then finished the game. (GO BRONCOS!!!) Sunday was equally wonderful. Again I got to sleep in, spend time with family, be spiritually fed, and in keeping with tradition get together with some very close family friends for a delicious feast between sessions.
After a seriously stressful week of work it was the perfect way to come back to reality and be reminded of the truly important things in life:
my FAMILY, my FAITH, and of course, FOOTBALL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment