Sunday, October 16, 2011

Adam and Sugar

Sometimes you arrive at an event and find yourself improperly dressed for the activities being done. When that moment comes you have two choices: to abstain from the activities deemed "inappropriate" for you attire, or to disregard what others might say and have fun. I strongly recommend the second option.

Yesterday I spent hours chasing Adam through bounce houses and going with him down slides just because he assured me they were "super fun!" I was in a dress, and for a moment I thought about telling that sweet little boy I couldn't play with him because I had come in the wrong clothes. But the more he said, "Come! Fun!" the less I could resist him. And guess what - he may only be 2, but he knows what he's talking about. I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time.


Luckily our adventures didn't end there. When we went home Adam and I decided to make cookies. I had forgotten how exciting that can be to a 2 year old. The best part was after he discovered the dough was delicious he splatted some on me. (I'm still trying to decide whether or not it was on purpose). Then he decided to help me get it cleaned up by licking it off my arm. Even better still was that it took him a good couple minutes to get it licked completely clean. 


Of all the roles I play, Aunt Sugar is becoming more and more my favorite as time goes on. 

Thanks, Adam, for giving me a break from my crazy life and helping me play and laugh like a kid again! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment